View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2007, 12:24 PM
Find More Posts by bob_suruncle
I think I can glue that..
Paris, Ontario, Canada EH
Joined Jul 2005
1,400 Posts
Just speaking from a LHS perspective on this: We stock some GWS kits but not all... mostly because of the space we have available for stock (we have a fairly small location at present) but also because we sell RTF planes 10 to 1 over GWS or other kits... It only stands to reason that we would stock 10:1 RTF kits over GWS based on what we are finding sells. I personally really like GWS kits especially the newer ones (hint to Mr. Lin... revamp the DHC2 PLEASE!!!! then it can be a newer kit too )

I have found that when I park my beaver or tigermoth in the store people first want to know how much for my plane... and when I say its not for sale but you can build your own with this kit... they usually show some interest.... but more often than not they say they dont have time, patience, skills, etc to build a kit.

All that being said we regularly place orders either directly to GWS or through our other distributors for GWS items as needed to meet customer requests. This means we can have most things on site in about the same time (sometimes less) than if our customer ordered from an online vendor; plus you get the added bonus of mine or my fathers dazzling smile and sparkling personality to boot . I cant speak for all the other LHS's out there but thats how we try to do it.
bob_suruncle is offline Find More Posts by bob_suruncle