View Single Post
Old Sep 19, 2007, 11:25 PM
Find More Posts by NoFlyZone
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
Fix one mistake, cause another...

Hi Bruce,

Maybe you can use this question in your tutorial. After reading your reply and learning that So-Lite should not be applied two layers thick, I decided to cut away the white covering where I wanted the red to go.

I made a perfectly straight line from stab to cowl and was able to remove the white from the lower fuse sides. Unfortunately, in admiring my handiwork (and I use the term loosely), I discovered that I made the cut exactly where I wanted the border to be, and now I don't have any white covering to overlap the red onto! If I move the red higher, it won't look right, because I wanted the red to be dead even with the rear horizontal stabilizer.

Will it be ok if I am able to butt the red against the white? If it will work like this, I can apply a really thin strip of pressure sensitive striping to cover any minor misalignment between the red and the white.

Chuck

EDIT: I couldn't wait any longer. I went ahead and butted the red up against the white. I got lucky because there's no gaps or misalignments. Here's a pic of it. I shouldn't need any trim tape to hide the joint... it's pretty straight.
NoFlyZone is offline Find More Posts by NoFlyZone
Last edited by NoFlyZone; Sep 20, 2007 at 12:20 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)