View Single Post
Old Sep 13, 2007, 07:30 AM
Find More Posts by John235
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2006
1,315 Posts
Ready for testing

The airframe is now completed. It is covered in Solarfilm, and the fuselage was brushed with Acrylic paint after sealing. It will get another coat of paint after I prove it to be airworthy. AUW is 430g (15.2oz).

I have setup flapperon mixing on my JR radio with some elevator>Flap mix. Although I am not using flaps, this mixing allows the ailerons to provide pitch control to complement the canard elevator. The mix proportion is so small the deflection of the ailerons due to elevator is barely visible. The ailerons are located on the outboard half of the wing, away from the downwash of the canard. It is setup so that 2/3 down elevator causes the ailerons move down to overcome the washout in the wing.

I will start testing with static margin somewhere between 7% and 10%. Before going for a maiden flight, I'll try some test glides without the motor fitted to reduce weight and the battery positioned to correct the CG.
John235 is offline Find More Posts by John235
Last edited by John235; Sep 13, 2007 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Clarification about flap mixing