Find More Posts by TopSpin
Suspended Account
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jul 2005
2,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kiwi
Wait on, Charley,

There is 11mm of exposed shaft at the moment - turn it around and fit the circlip and you only lose 2mm - that leaves you 9mm of shaft on which to fit the prop adapter - that is more than enough. I just checked my standard 3mm MJ 8031 adapter and it can only go on 9mm before it bottoms out. With your particular atypical mounting method, you are mounting the motor behind a firewall - right? You may need to bore a hole in your firewall to clear the adapter (but I'll bet your firewall is more than 2mm thick - so unless you have already bored this hole, you are attaching your adapter to <9mm of exposed shaft now).

Whether GP/Electrifly attends to the problem is another matter, but the guys I've been dealing with (Bing Sheng and George Rodriguez) have been receptive to suggestions and I trust that they WILL address the issue.

Cheers, Phil
Kiwi, I respect your work and your sharing of information. One point though, please don't use the term atypical for reverse mounting this motor. That is the standard mounting method required in several Great Planes models. I prefer to use the term reverse mounted.

Thanks, John..
TopSpin is offline Find More Posts by TopSpin
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)