Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanL
HH -
Only one servo on the PdN? Philip almost always has a very good reason.
Dan...I agree with you that Philip must have a good reason for not adding another sheet control and I'm sure he has no such problems sailing the prototype. It's more than likely either the Capt. or an adjustment, or both. But whatever it is, she is not tacking and the sails seem to be fighting the rudder.

Just FYI...Prince has 3 servos, 1 for the rudder, 1 for the sheets to the 3 jibs, fore gaff, and driver and a 3rd one for the squares (like yours). I have only used the squares once and I think I could easily convert it to use for the driver and/or main gaff. If I need to remove the entire servo and use another winch and drum I don't know if it will fit...it is tight and partially under the deck. My other choice would be to remove the volt and amp meters and drop in another servo in their place. I really like the built in meters. It's nice to be able to just look at readings without having to drag along and hook up a meter. Plus I think a high torque servo is heavier than the meters and I don’t want to go back into the over weight problem again.

MILLERTIME…thanks!

PHILIP…you ever read this thread? HELP!

Capt. Slick

“Always choose the lesser of the two weevils!”
Capt.Crash is offline Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
Last edited by Capt.Crash; Sep 06, 2007 at 06:47 AM.