Find More Posts by baldguy
I eat glue
Canada, NS, Yarmouth
Joined Jul 2006
3,764 Posts
Discussion
Kit/Plane fun build contest-Hawker Typhoon beta build

Howdy all,
Charlie was kind enough to send me an ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS set of laser cut parts for the Hawker Typhoon 1A beta build designed by XTERAC. Now I gotta start building! Will be slow at first,like my Kogutek build because I got to get going on the Kogutek build!!! Been holding Pete up long enough, but dang it, life keeps getting in the way! Hopefully now that fall is approaching here in the wilds of Manitoba, I can get both going full bore.
This model is I believe 46" wingspan, and will get a set of nice light small retracts from my buddy John of Model Aviation Products, and will be home to an Eflite motor, either outrunner or geared inrunner. I'm kind of thinking that a geared inrunner might be more suitable but feel free to correct me if someone can recommend a good 3s outrunner/prop combo to give me nice scale flight, but with a little umph left in the bag. Don't want a repeat of my Ryan Corsair episode where I used an unsuitable outrunner which in turn had to swing too big of a prop, and caused some torque roll problems. I was just getting that all sorted out when the ground rose up and smite me, now it sits with a new fuse 1/2 done and the wings ready to go again.
baldguy is online now Find More Posts by baldguy
Last edited by baldguy; Nov 16, 2007 at 10:58 PM.