View Single Post
Old Sep 04, 2007, 12:11 PM
Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,493 Posts
I do tend to give her full rudder, plus... I move the trim tab all the way too to get a little more. I have some play in my rudder. I feel like I don't have enough. But...she seems to slow pretty fast now that I think about it. Maybe I'm killing the speed like you say. When running broad reach...I try to wait till she actually starts to turn before pulling in the sails. I found that it made no difference. Sometimes I was able to get through the tack by leaving the sails loose, letting the jibs luff and pulling them in after I completed the tack. This seemed to work better than tight sails. It was easier to tack upwind to port and down wind to starboard. Don't know why that would matter. Of course once I lost the battle and got caught in irons, I had no choice but to loose up, turn and then retighten and then complete a downwind turn. I also noted that she seemed to be able to tack in the lighter wind easier than the stronger wind. It seemed she would almost get through but not quite. And...yes the winds were very hard to sail in due to constantly changing direction. It seemed like I was always having to be close hauled no matter what direction I was going...lol

She sure don't sail like my yacht.

Capt. Slick
Capt.Crash is offline Find More Posts by Capt.Crash