View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2007, 05:24 PM
IH8VTEC is online now
Find More Posts by IH8VTEC
Registered User
IH8VTEC's Avatar
WLV, CA
Joined Aug 2005
2,496 Posts
I found this thread half way through my first covering job. It helped a lot, thanks!
I had a problem with the red trim on the outer wingtips bubbling. I used windex and an old hotel room key as a squeegee but did not get all the liquid out from between the films. I skipped the windex on the rest of the trim and got near perfect adhesion. I managed to get all the big bubbles out and most of the smaller ones by poking a hole in the middle of the bubble and shrinking it up with the iron. The iron sock came in handy for soaking up the trap windex as it came out of the bubble. The covering job isn't perfect but close enough to not need to be redone. I've learned enough from this plane to be confidant enough to move to my next project, SA 40 Cap 232.
IH8VTEC is online now Find More Posts by IH8VTEC
Last edited by IH8VTEC; Aug 19, 2007 at 05:26 PM. Reason: very bad spelling :(
Reply With Quote