Old Aug 16, 2007, 07:46 PM
Find More Posts by crossup
Senior to who? Member
Annapolis, Maryland USA
Joined Feb 2001
2,450 Posts
Finally a maiden!
Mostly sucessful but a few not so good surprises
I think my 2100 15C pacs are fading... was about 4 minutes into the maiden, crusing around getting a feel and the pack just went flat. Admitted it was only at 12.1v to start but I was expecting more like 6-7 minutes.
So I had to land in grass clump city which coupled with the semi harrier approach neatly trimmed the landing gear off
Not a big surprise.. 3mm CF pulltrude tubing is rather prone to splitting
and I had intended to land only on the smooth
Flew another pack with pretty much the same result except this time I landed a while there was still a bit in the tank...but man this thing does NOT glide for deuky...even 45 deg is not steep enough to carry speed to quick flare
she plunked down like a ton of bricks but amazingly did not even scratch up the depron
Overall initial impression: flys a good deal faster than I wanted and is draggy enough it takes a lot of throttle to cruise
Hover seemed pretty sweet...oh did I mention I elected to fly despite a severely glitching elevator servo? YUP, but other than making hovering less than a automatic lock no real problem. Just a pain in the butt..
Rolls seemed axial and KE may have the least coupling of anything I've flown
Even with the glitchy servo , the one loop I did seemed very smooth and easy to make round.
The power thing is bothering me...wish my wattmeter went past 17amp...
might be time to transplant my Axi 2826 into it...
crossup is offline Find More Posts by crossup