Heiney TDX/HDX500 SAH on deck !
Just got my new bird and I'm pretty impressed so far !!
The head and tail quality is excellent and all the balls are silky smooth and are held in place with hex head bolts. I'm going through and locktite where metal 2 metal exists. The G-10 frame is also excellent quality ! I did have an issue with one bolt for mounting the skid set being semi stripped. For those who might not have a complete tool set, allen keys are included for all the bolts sizes. More comments to follow !
**Summary of lessons learned !** Thought this would help those who do not have the time to read through all the posts
1. Scrap the 'spare' poker chip main gear (if there's a loose one in your box).
2. Scrap the vertical tail fin or..find a way to stiffen it. As is...it's not gonna protect the tail blades in the event of a hard landing !
3. Scrap the canopy and order a fiberglass as it's 10-12 grams lighter (and prettier !)
4. USE the lowest hole on the main shaft ! You'll get +10/-10 this way.
5. Get the lightest lipo you can find (my 4S 4000mah maxamps is 380G)...otherwise, you're going to have CG problems and will have to move the lipo tray back and up.
That's all I can think of now...will add more later