Old Jul 29, 2007, 09:47 AM
Find More Posts by camship
Resistance is Futile
United States, FL, Panama City Beach
Joined Oct 2001
2,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
The DVD recorder is even bigger than a camcorder, and he already thought that was too "bulky"... so I don't think he'll be happy to carry 2 devices with him either.

In short, no. Get yourself a Canon MV960, or a HV10.

I'm actually about to order a HV10, it's REAL tiny.

You can even directly plug a 2s lipo in the DC jack if battery life is a problem
Kilrah,

Actually it was an either or situation. I should have been clearer. The Pyro link was in response to the digital camcorder dilemma. Most do not have a composite "video input". I have seen some digital video cameras that will record from the DV connection and that is where the Pyro AV might come in handy if you already have an expensive digital camcorder with DV in capability. And most don't realize it is a stand-alone device as well as a PC device just like the Sony DVD MC1.

I use it for it's PC applications. It is the Video input/output break-out for the Ground station. I can record to or from a wide variety of common digital and analog media/format with this set-up. With the DVD recorder it also has media card readers built in so I don't need a seperate one of those either.

Camship
camship is offline Find More Posts by camship