View Single Post
Old Jul 29, 2007, 04:57 AM
Find More Posts by camship
Resistance is Futile
United States, FL, Panama City Beach
Joined Oct 2001
2,680 Posts
Although they no longer make it there are a few Sony VRD-MC1 DVD recorders left in the stores. They are going up, up, up in price. I bought mine for $150 in Feb. They are up to $470 on amazon. They are also 12VDC.

The new Sony VRD-MC1 DVDirect allows both video and digital photos to be recorded to DVD without requiring a PC. DVDirect has video inputs on one side for direct connection of a camcorder/VCR/PVR for easy direct recording of video to DVD+R/+RW discs. DVDirect also has memory card slots for the 5 popular camera memory cards and will directly record images from the memory card to DVD-R/-RW as a DVD slideshow. It's even possible to connect a compatible PictBridge printer to DVDirect and directly print photos from camera memory cards or photo DVDs created with DVDirect. DVDirect can also be connected to a PC via USB 2.0 and make copies of Video/photo DVDs, advanced DVD projects, and much more.

Record Directly from Analog/Digital Camcorders, VCR, PVR, Etc.

Record From Memory Stick, Memory Stick Duo, SD, xD, and Compact Flash Memory Cards

2" Color LCD Screen

Record Directly To DVD - No PC Required

Zip Zoom Fly has them for $229 EDIT: WARNING, the Zip Zoom Fly units are "OPEN BOX", i.e., returns.

And just with the flip of a switch it does double duty as a cd/dvd player/memory reader for my PC based ground station.

Good luck

Camship
camship is offline Find More Posts by camship
Last edited by camship; Jul 29, 2007 at 05:24 AM.