Old Jul 26, 2007, 09:29 AM
Find More Posts by target
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
22,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2000
Bill. and everyone in So.Cal., SULA has a lease on the field 2 Sundays a month, normally the 1st and 3rd, from 9am till 1pm, after 1pm the field is open to anything. meaning soccer or flying. You need to check with a club officer or somebody like me, I try to keep on top of the dates to fly. The club doesn't have a website so it is sort of word of mouth or attending the club meetings to stay abreast of flying dates. There is a $5 dollar fee per person per flying session, and if you continue to come out it is strongly recommended to join the club, and yes there are plenty of electric flyers using the field but the field is large enough to accomodate both without too much grief, of course the more glider guiders that show up the more they have a say so in flying activities since the nonpowered models always have the right of way. I don't have so much as a scuff on my Perfect so far, I really dig flying off grass!

Have you been flying the Perfect off of the SULA club's winch?
I ask because every time I was there to use it, there seemed to be a problem...
The club members are all very nice guys, but it seemed like they were pretty casual about the performance of the equipment.
Maybe things have changed?!

Thanks,
Target
target is offline Find More Posts by target