Old Jul 08, 2007, 10:19 PM
Find More Posts by Diggs
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkarpy
Glad to see you are enjoying both my models. Your SSX looks great!

Thanks, but I can only take credit for buying it, and putting the covered parts together and slapping that NEW black SSX decal on there. A buddy of mine that loves to build models got wind that I bought one and asked if he could build and cover it. He doesn't fly yet (he is hooked now), but I gave him a slow stick RTF for all the work he did. He is going to build my second kit as well, and we now both know how to avoid a few mistakes he made on the first one. He came out to fly today, but his SS wasn't quite right, and it was breezy. He loved the micro and was envious of the covering job on it. That SSX was his first time covering an RC kit. He has done tissue on actual models, but had never used the iron and heat gun. He did really well I think for his attempt. He has diabolical plans for the second covering job now that he has some skills.

Sorry to be so off topic, but.... It kinda fits

I see a build kit of the micro in my near future. Although the ARF was really nice. You use great components with this kit. The True RC pack, the hacker ESC/Motor combo and BB servos, all top notch. Again, well done!

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs