View Single Post
Old Jul 26, 2001, 01:05 AM
Find More Posts by keven64
Model Designer
United Kingdom, England, Burnley
Joined Apr 2001
5,507 Posts
Ok Guys,

I never siad 'evil' - greedy is the word I used.
It may be the case that the original USAircore people invented the method of construction, but the fact remains that Hobbico own a patent for this particular method of construction that is becoming popular.

I, too cannot see a mention of fuselage construction, having glanced through it a few times, but as I recall the Aircore models were of all Correx/Corroplast construction.

As I understand, we, ( the rest of us modellers ) are breaching Hobbico's patent if we use the material itself to hinge the rudder, elevator(s) or ailerons.

So We will not breach the patent if we build a model wholly from said material, providing that we do not use their method of hinging control surfaces, or use the material to form landing gear etc. as mentioned in a later paragraph ? ? ?

I realise that this is a little overboard, but for anyone intending to produce even a limited run of kits, such as would be needed for a one-design competion ( unless everyone builds their own model from supplied plans ! ) there could be serious implications. . .

How safe would you think you are, Greg, ( Mr. Moderator ) if you ran off 100 of these lovely little racers of yours ?

Keven.
keven64 is offline Find More Posts by keven64