Old Jul 25, 2001, 04:02 AM
Find More Posts by Crete1
Okemos, Michigan
Joined Feb 2001
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by keven64:
Hello Everyone.

Just a few thoughts from a concerned English Modeller . . .

I read this morning that Hobbico in the US has exlusive rights to the construction of model aircraft form Corruplast. The Patent that they hold actually states "fluted extruded twin walled plastic sheet" !
That just about covers it, and as was said in the post I read, they just about have it ' all buttonned up '.

I'm rather surprised that a Patent like this would be issued, and even more surprised to find out that said company owns O.S. Engines, Futaba, Hitec and a host of other modelling related companies !
So boycotting the company becomes a little difficult . . . .

This is said Patent:
http://164 .195.100.11/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=/netahtml/srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1='5,398,893'.WKU.&OS=PN/5,398,893&RS=PN/5,398,893

I hope that this is not eligible outside of the 'Good Ole U S of bloody A' !
If so this is a serious enfringemnt on the modelling activities of many thousands of individuals, the world over who may one day wish to make a little money from the publication/production of their designs !

This is the page I was looking at . . .
http://www.ezonemag.com/disc/Forum3/HTML/000470.html

The patent states that the 'invention' was 1995. Anyone done this before that date ?
Ludicrous ! ! !
So much for the notion that America is <U>The Land of Opportunity !</U>

What do you all think ?
I know what I think . . .
Will they be trying to obtain the Patent for the use of balsa next ?
Or Air ?

Keven.
In an age where we don't even own our genetic material, why not coroplast planes? I wouldn't let it get to you too much. You can still make your own planes, ect. Just not sell them to other people.

Or you could buy "knock" off planes at the flea market.

Crete1 is offline Find More Posts by Crete1