View Single Post
Old Jun 20, 2007, 02:40 PM
Find More Posts by BD Flyer
United States, NJ, Monroe Township
Joined Aug 2006
7,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutenight22
Ya i was planning on getting a slo v but i think im pretty decent at flying even though thier aero aces and on the simulator i was flying a plane with ailerons and was getting the hang of it quite nicely. I like the slo v but it seems as it doesnt go very high or have any speed.
Although simulators help you with orientation and other ''basic'' things, it will not really teach you how to really fly an airplane. It is much harder to fly an airplane in real life then on a simulator.

The Slo-V is a GREAT beginner plane, but if you don't like flying that slow, then I would recommend getting the Multiplex Easystar or the Hobbyzone Supercub. Both of them are about $160 and they are both RTF's.

Also, don't waste your money buying planes on Ebay. I would say there is a 90% chance that the planes on Ebay won't work. Unless they are from a well known airplane company.

So, even though you have a lot of time on a simulator, I would still suggest getting the two airplanes I recommended above. If you get either one of them, you WILL be happy and you'll enjoy this hobby way better.
BD Flyer is offline Find More Posts by BD Flyer