Find More Posts by salisbug
I failed linkage geometry
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jun 2002
4,302 Posts
Build Log
AeroFever ASW-28

Hi all,

Yes, another cheap scalie from the same family as the DG-1000 & Discus. I only hope it lasts longer than my ill-fated Discus.

http://www.aero-fever.com/product_in...7j6evkfiu2c4l6

Initial impressions are that it is of similar quality to the DG, but not quite up to the standard of the Discus.

Included is the fibreglass fuselage complete with pre-installed radio tray and bulkheads. The fin is moulded as part of the fuselage. The finish is good but not as smooth as it could be. Looks a bit rushed. The fin sides are a bit concave. Overall, its nice but not up the standards of the european items. But I dont expect it to be for the price.

There are wrinkle free wings, rudder & tailplane. The ailerons and elevator and already atteched using the covering. The covering is a little opaque, with the reinforcing for the tailplane bolts visible as well as the wing skin joints.

You'll also find a black plastic cockpit floor and clear canopy complete with white trim. A bags of miscellaneous bits & pieces, the usual single sheets of instructions and an 8mm carbon joiner (which is still noted as 6mm on the instructions).

The model certainly resembles a -28 but theres something amiss with the profile of the nose compared to the 3 view. The biggest discrepancy to the documentation though, is the area of the tailplane. It's got to be at least 50% bigger than scale.
salisbug is offline Find More Posts by salisbug