Thread: Discussion Dragonfly Strong
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2007, 11:08 AM
Find More Posts by schrederman
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Nov 2002
8,010 Posts
My wing joints broke loose at mid span where the dihedral angle changes. I used a large pin and injected some CA glue into the joint, and it seems to be fine, now. There was no break in the spar system. I have drawn up a set of wings to replace these because the workmanship is so poor. When I first got it, the wings looked good. With about 50 flights on it, the sheeting joints are now humps iin the airfoil, I suspect because it's partly hot-glued together. I have a new airfoil I'd like to try out, and I'm thinking of bagging a set of wings for this model. I'll have to change the root section on the fuselage, but that's OK. If it flys as good as I think it will, I'll be makin' a mold... Who knows, I may build the wings from wood to keep in the spirit of what I truly like. I have been modelling a long time. This is aesthetically the most beautiful model I've ever seen... in my opinion. It's a shame it's not better made. The fuselage is absolutely perfect from what I can see... With new wings and possibly new harizontal tails, it may be prettier, yet.

Jack
schrederman is offline Find More Posts by schrederman