Old May 30, 2007, 10:56 AM
Find More Posts by georgeg
United States, CA, Bakersfield
Joined Jan 2001
1,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erich
Hey Jon

Would like to use Solartex (a fabric). The stuff looks great, but am a thinking it's a little on the heavy side.
If you would like to use a fabric but are afraid of the weight, go to this site:

http://ecom.citystar.com/hang-em-hig...op%20Polyester

Get the Polycarbonate Coated Ripstop Polyester. It comes in a wide range of colors, is very light and VERY puncture resistant. The flourescent colors are really bright. I've used this on the stab & rudder on two Condor open class ships and just recently covered on tip panel on my War Eagle with it. Its a great covering material. You use it just as it is, no additional sealing is needed. Since the covering material lacks adhesive, tho, you will need to use something like Sig Stix-It or BalsaLoc to provide an adhesive base but this is very easy to do and again, your weight build up will be very small. When I recovered my Condor flying stabs with this fabric, I had absolutely no weight gain over my original MicaFilm covering.

BTW, if you aren't going to use the fiberglass fuselage for your HH, would you consider selling it?
georgeg is offline Find More Posts by georgeg
RCG Plus Member