View Single Post
Old Feb 02, 2003, 08:47 PM
Find More Posts by Troy
Caution:Makes sharp left turns
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Feb 1999
6,040 Posts
Didn't mean to open up a can of worms!

Here is a solution to the inspection problem. Do what the Swiss did (sort of) in the WC. The person who wins the heat, ask him/her to show the CD their battery (and possibly their motor). As far as motors go, I don't care what you guys require. I can work with 4.8V's and keep them alive for many flights, or I can deal with 6.0V's. We usually match up pilots for their skills anyways. Name a few very available manufacturers: Graupner, Robbe, Permax(multiplex) and be done with it. Basically you can go to any LHS and walk out with an accepted 6.0V. If you go through 50 motors to find a good one, you deserve to win but also deserve a smack upside the head for wasting $500 on a "fun" contest. Say "No modifying" (ie: taking it apart to stuff a new armature in) except for timing and cleaning the comm. Keep the original sticker on the motor.
If you get caught cheating, you have to wear an "I love Zagis" T-shirt for the rest of the day. When we have beautiful glass etched trophies, bikini girls handing them out, and champagne corks popping all around, we can break out the dyno.
Troy is offline Find More Posts by Troy