Whew! More than a month after I finished building this bird, I finally finished painting it. I went with the stock (and one and only) Su-37 paint scheme--Bort 711. I chose this scheme partly because it's quite different from the usual air-superiority grey scheme and partly because it allowed me to avoid painting the bottom half of the airplane (since the original is off-white). That saved half the paint weight (about .75 oz), but just as importantly for me it cut the amount of time required to paint this bird!
The clear canopy came from 6mmflyrc, who took my original foam canopy, made a plug from it, and sent me back a clear one (thanks again, guys!). I added a few cockpit details, including a little HUD in the front (just like on my F/A-22).
Final weight with paint (and the newly added working rudders) is 27.75 oz, but unfortunately I had to add 1.25 oz nose weight for balance, so my final AUW is 29 oz even. Still quite light for this size airplane and the power of twin LSPJs.
Next step for me is to write a construction guide for the upcoming 6mmflyrc kits, and as usual I'll also create a separate version for the scratch builders and post it here. I also hope to get some flight videos shot and posted soon.