My Frog design is draggy because of the extreme undercambered airfoil of the wings. They provide extreme lift at low speeds, and are structurally stronger due to their shape. I did try to reduce all the drag elsewhere as much as possible.
The upswept tailboom is to counter the fact that I was running a 10" prop. The large prop meant that the center of thrust was soooo far above the wing, that the rudder wasn't even in it. I angled the boom up until I found a fairly optimal angle for the controls, and their airflow.
John, since you're using a much smaller direct drive prop now, you don't need to sweep the tail boom up to such an exaggerated extent, however, I still feel that some angle is useful even if only to keep the tailboom up off the ground in hard landings.
Personally I like the style of what you're doing here, and I can't wait to see how it all comes together. I hope that there turns out to be some way to do this without changing mosfets, since that lone step becomes a killer for most builders out there.
Best of luck. I can't wait to see it in the air.