Old May 09, 2007, 07:35 AM
Find More Posts by FirstShirt
You deserve my opinion
Collierville, TN
Joined Apr 2005
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raythomas
Hey FS, I noticed yours doesn't seem to have alot of dihedral, how well does it turn with rudder only?
Also, on the plans, it shows the top of the fuselage where the wing goes on to be flat.
Wouldn't it be better to cut out the foam on the fuselage sides to match the bow or arc of the wing itself so when you rubberband it on it would match more perfect?
Or am I missing the point totally??
Not wanting to change the overall design, just curious.
Thanks Ray
Ray,

Actually, the wing has more dihedral than the photo may show. I gave it Tony's recommended 1.5" on each side. It flies great with rudder only.

I see what you mean about the plan appearing to show the fuse to be flat on the top where the wing attaches. Actually, the curved line you see at the very top of the fuse template is cut into the fuse itself. If you're doing an undercam wing, just ignore the straight line underneath the curve and cut the curve in the fuse. The wing will sit on top of this curve.

Check the fuse pix on post #24. This may help you visualize what you see on the template.

Tony may want to clarify this, but I believe the straight line is there for those who want to build the BB with the K-F style wing (which is flat on the bottom). In that case, ignore the curve and cut the top of the fuse straight.

Hope this makes sense.

Pat
FirstShirt is offline Find More Posts by FirstShirt