Old May 02, 2007, 07:07 PM
Find More Posts by jamesdr
Unrepentant Carnivore
Brandon, Fl
Joined Mar 2005
2,540 Posts
New Product
Hobby-Lobby Mustang P-51D RTF

I've done some searches here on Groups to see if anyone has flown the new Hobby-Lobby RTF P-51 - so far, some comments but no real discussion. So, if anyone knows of a thread, I'll shut this one down and join it - otherwise, I'll keep this one going.

HL has some very interesting RTF kits now. RTF used to be equated with crud (or worse). But this one has caught my eye on a couple levels. A four-blade prop, cool details on the mains, a tail wheel near where it should be. The running gear is also intriguing - BL motor and 3 cell lipo, full house control surfaces. Even a Tx and Rx. All for 200 bones. And when they had the 20% off crash sale, I just could not pass it up.

Anyway, I just got confirmation of shipping from Tenn. The route from there to here in Northern California is the SLOWEST in the world. But it will get here. I will be pulling the Rx and replacing it with a Spectrum one, other than that, will see how she does.

There are lots of P-51's on the market. Some fly great (Alfa's), others are good (GWS w/ a BL motor), but most are simply wretched. Iíve not done a RTF since I tossed my last Aerobird Challenger in the trash over two years ago. I feel kind of like Iím cheating with a RTF. Will be a good way to see just how far the hobby has come in 2 years.

Jim
jamesdr is offline Find More Posts by jamesdr