View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 2007, 08:23 PM
Find More Posts by Dave Smith
Severna Park, MD
Joined Jan 2006
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondaward
So,it looks like alot of you are substituting c/f band for the main frame,should I?
I've given my bug some pretty serious crashes during its hours and hours of FUN flying, but the front arc frame has never broken. The joints (plastic sleeves) that join the arc of CF to the straight CF at the front of the EPP have separated during impact. And they were fixed by wrapping the joints with heavy thread and touching with CA. In fact a couple of crashes were severe enough to tear the EPP of the main wing (quick repair job with glue). But none of the crashes broke the CF front arc.

So I'm not convinced that substituting a CF band is appropriate until the unlikely time that you need it to repair a break. The BUG, as designed, is more rugged than any other model I've flown. There's no way a balsa model would take the beating this gem endures. It's a champ!

BTW, all the crashes were MY fault, not the BUG's fault. Each one was the result of expanding my piloting skills with more daring maneuvers. I'm already a better pilot; and the faithful (patched-up) BUG continues to give me the joy of flying.
Dave Smith is offline Find More Posts by Dave Smith