Old Apr 21, 2007, 01:12 AM
Find More Posts by macquen
Micro-Scale-Modeler
Charlotte, North Carolina USA
Joined Nov 2004
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by village_idiot
I did a small search yesterday and didn't come up with anything, I'll look around more this weekend, but I'm looking for a DIY receiver design. Mostly need the MCU and code so that I can use an existing RF board. If you know of any, please link them or maybe suggest some good keywords for another search. Thanks.
I am using the detected, mixed superhet output of existing Corona, Microjoule, and Blue Arrow servo output rcvrs, and modifying them for actuator use by simply replacing the stock 8-pin PIC12F508 with a PIC12F629 programed for actuator use. I understand that you have an rf deck, but need a decoder. After I program the 12F629 with YAPP.hex I next mount piggy back style a quad op-amp (LM324 etc.) to function as a low resistance (30 to 70 ohms) actuator driver as shown in the attached drawing. I have attached photos of rcvrs I have modifyed. If you are looking to drive servos the op-amp is not required how ever you must program the PIC12F629 with a different serial to parallel program. In the case of actuators the 12F629 outputs to two actuators, and one IRLMN2506 N-channel mosfet motor driver - In the case of servos the 12F629 outputs to four servos, three for flying surfaces, and one for a esc. I am attacing all the above information along with photos. The photo without explanation shows a modified Corona next to a JMP combo rcvr for size comparison.

Cheers - Steve - WB2TMR
macquen is offline Find More Posts by macquen
Last edited by macquen; Apr 21, 2007 at 01:29 AM.