Thread: Discussion Lightflite Bug
View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2007, 04:15 PM
Find More Posts by CitaFly
Joined Feb 2007
345 Posts
To start things off, here's my build article:

Lightflite RC Bug Review

And here's a video I shot with the Bug flying at about half throttle, low rates and exponential using a Spektrum DX7 radio:

Bug Video

I bought another one as I have some construction ideas I want to try out. So far I have crashed the bug maybe 6 times and the one thing that I replaced with my own design is the front carbon fiber hoop. I found that the cf rod was under a lot or pressure due to the bend. Ron at Lightflite suggested using shrinkwrap on it to protect it, but I found that using cf strap rather than the rod was better - it's bendy but not under pressure as the rod was (I glued it on with UHU and reinforced it with clear packing tape).

The first 3 crashes were learning crashes - after setting up dual rates, the other crashes were the result of flying too low (maybe one foot off the deck) and getting a little too cocky.

I also found the Bug a delight to fly in a moderate (10 mph) breeze - I point it iinto the wind, throttle back and fly side to side almost with no forward movement - someone came up to me and thought I was flying a kite!
CitaFly is offline Find More Posts by CitaFly
Last edited by CitaFly; Apr 12, 2007 at 04:17 PM. Reason: More details