View Single Post
Old Jan 23, 2003, 09:44 AM
Find More Posts by Steve McBride
Agra, Oklahoma
Joined Feb 2000
5,390 Posts
An Apology.......(or why you should not bite off more than you can chew)

If you have read the recent article on the 2002 Toledo Weak Signals show, you see mention of how another volunteer was to write the article and was unable to do so. I must admit that the volunteer was I.

There were a few different things that contributed to my not being able to live up to my offer, but I do feel that if I had perhaps worked harder on it, I could have gotten the article in. The most significant thing was that I simply took on too much and got lazy. I apologize for the latter and have learned from the former. However I feel like I need to explain myself to the Ezone and Steve Horney for having to write an article that he should never had to write.

With the passing of my Dad in late 2001, my Mom has been left with a lot of loose ends to tie up and needed some support and help to get established on her own. In addition, I was involved in a couple of court cases that I felt I had to initiate. I am a single dad and our son lives with me and we were really getting jerked around by his mother. I had hearings several times over the year and all the prepatory work took a lot of my free time. That and about a thousand hours of overtime starting new programs with new customers at my day job.

It was a great show and I hope to be able to attend this year again, but it's doubtful that I will offer to write any articles on the event. It takes a lot of work to put together an article of this type, more than I realized. It can also take the fun out of an event. So for those of you with high ambitions on writing articles of this type, be sure you have the time to commit. Don't make the same mistake that I made.

Steve McBride
Steve McBride is offline Find More Posts by Steve McBride