Old Mar 31, 2007, 12:47 AM
Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kiwi
Since Tom has made some comparisons between Scorpion and Hacker and Axi, perhaps it is time I contributed some of my test data.
Tom, I haven't made exhaustive analysis but, for some reason [pusher stand?], though Lucien seems to get slightly higher rpm at similar amp draws, his thrust numbers are a fraction lower than I would get at that same rpm. So the Scorpions may be a bit closer to your Hackers and Axis than you thought.
I found that my trusty Phoenix 25, set on default, did a good job, so all these tests were done with that ESC.

...And the Axi 2212/26 (920Kv) should have drawn less than the 987Kv Scorpion 2215/22 - but in fact it drew almost exactly the same current at the same voltages.

...The numbers are here for you all to peruse, compare, and comment upon.

Cheers, Phil
Phil, thanks for taking the time to add this additional data... it helps to have comparative info from a common source. And you are right... test variables were a factor between Lucien's charts and yours. I was having to interpolate your data to compare with Lucien's charts, and the ESC used is likely a big factor. The Scorpion 2212-26 performs within a percent or two of the AXI 2212/26 based on your data. And since I tend to prop conservatively, the temperature issue is pretty much identical to the AXI for this particular motor size up to the 10x6HD prop size I use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kiwi
...In general, these beautifully packaged, loaded with all the accessories, modestly-priced Scorpions perform well - the watts/rpm graphs I generated indicate how similar they are to others brands of motor of roughly the same Kv and weight.
I have to agree after seeing your data... I'm in need of another motor of this size class, so will have to try one, I guess
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank