View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2007, 09:46 AM
Find More Posts by Littlestar
Chesapeake Beach Md.
Joined Mar 2007
87 Posts
Excited nebie here to. Just finished prepping my Wild Hawk. I have 1 short flight so far under my belt, no mishap until 2nd battery change and drove it into the dirt. No breakage just a crumpled nose. I followed the above advice for taping and filled the small cavity in the nose with spray foam. I now have no twisting and the tail is good to go. From what I have researched the motor is a 380. The plug on the battery is called a small tamiya plug but the LHS did not have them in stock.
I pre-work the stiffness from the rudder and flap hinge by heating the hinge areas slightly and gently forcing them back and forth to the angled stops.
My first ever flight I had the flap turnbuckle set in the nearest hole to the flap and had a hard time not overcorrecting. I have moved it out to the 2nd hole, seems to reduce the travel of flap some. The rudder seems to give excellent travel when set in the closest hole to the fuselage. I bumped up a prev. post , that has some good help if you have not seen it yet.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=657884
Littlestar is offline Find More Posts by Littlestar