View Single Post
Old Mar 20, 2007, 02:20 AM
Find More Posts by realllybeginner
Jupiter ,Florida
Joined Mar 2007
54 Posts
Question
Iofo on "Wild Hawk" by Harbor Freight

Hello to all , I saw on this website somewhere about the harbour freight knock off of the Easy Star and you even provided a coupon so it cost $75 out the door .
I have been itching to start this hobby as I really like tinkering with stuff . And FLYING what a bonus . So thanks to whoever turned me on to this affordable ."for me" Plane ...
I got it together easy and it does look a lot like the Easy star to me.Beginnner .
I just have a couple of questions about it and have looked some and had no luck yet ... Please if you can help? Where can I get another battery? I Haven't even flown it 1 time yet.(Windy) but think it would be good to have an extra . It seems to be a 7 cell one with markings of Ni-MH AA 1300mAh and 8.4 V then the # 06627 or 06G27.. I have looked some on the net for it with no luck . Seems like a pretty powerful battery 1300 mAh compared to what I have seen . Is there another one I could use ? As big or bigger if I can? Also it came with only an AC Charger . I have seen where there are DC one you can use in the field ???
I know this is long but just one more thing . Is there any way to tell what size motor it has? I can't tell from what I can see of it . Just wondered for future tinkering .
For the $75 this thing costs if it flies at all it's worth it to me . I'm pretty excited to try it out . Just waiting for the wind now . Just like Orville and Wilbur was ... Ha!
Thanks for any help you can give me . I will be looking thru this web site a lot I'm sure . It's very interesting to me . Thanks Again , Don
realllybeginner is offline Find More Posts by realllybeginner