Thread: Question 1/5th Racing in Australia...
View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2007, 09:32 AM
Find More Posts by scaulfi
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,765 Posts
Hey, I'm not sure if you guys got this message or not, so I'll post it here anyway....

Hi Everyone

Notice re; Grand Opening this Sunday

Please be aware of the following for Sunday

Bring a shelter tent if you have one even if you will not be using it as we need extra shade for food stall, and maybe some for the spectators. Forecast is for 29 degrees and hopefully no rain.

Make sure you are set up by 9am.
We can have a practice from 9am but this will only happen if we have everything else set up. So bring your helping hands.

As soon as you have your gear out of your car please park it out in the front car park or preferably in the schools car park so that we have plenty of parking for the general public.
The only vehicles in the track car park will be those that are on display and the two hobby shop vans.

If you are a stock or modified driver you need to enter online NOW as I only have one entry and this class will be dropped if we don’t get more entries prior to Sunday. I do not want to take entries on the day if at all possible. www.alycat.com then click “on-line entries” and use pull down menu to select GoldCoastGrandopening.

If you are not running a car please still come along and support the club by;
Sell raffle tickets
Gate prize tickets
Being available to talk to the public about your sport.
Manning the BBQ helping with food
Manning the jumping castle

If you are running a car please help out with the above between rounds.

Off-road guys you also need to be set up by 9am as there will be no cars coming into the track car park area once the day is under way. With one or two exceptions such as seafm’s van around mid morning.

Peter Gately

Secretary GCMR

So make sure we don't have to run back and forth because we've left something in the cars half way down the road..

See ya Sunday,.. oh, and thanks Simon for the boxes..

Shaun
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi