View Single Post
Old Feb 15, 2007, 11:11 AM
Find More Posts by 4mla1fn
alexandria, va, USA
Joined Oct 2006
405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOK
If I decide not to use my AP camera (The Canon) does this mean that I can't take still photos?
the camera that is part of the ebay setup is a video camera. the ability to capture stills from a video stream will depend on what you're using to record and edit the video. if you record to mini-dv, you final pc-based editting program can pull out stills for you. of course, they suck compared to stills from your AP camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOK
That component you have given the link for which connects the AP camera to the downlik looks excellent. I am wondering if it would work with the AV RX I am getting though/ Are these things universal?
looking a little closer at that ebay setup, you will not need that dongle i showed you. if your a540 was packaged like my canon s60, you got an a/v cable your camera; 1/8" male jack on one end, which plugs into the 540, and two female RCA jacks on the other (yellow and white). just plug the female RCAs into the harness provided with the ebay av tx. once video is flowing to the av tx, it will work be fine on the av rx end. all these cable and connectors will get bulky in your plane, but once you confirm it works, then you can custom-make a cable.
4mla1fn is offline Find More Posts by 4mla1fn