Old Feb 05, 2007, 11:06 AM
Find More Posts by G WILLIE
Bill Mohrbacher, MECA Fox Guy
Beaver Falls, PA
Joined Dec 2006
763 Posts
Discussion
Post your vintage insignia and decals here

I need help for some decals. Does anyone have a clean scan of the old AMA wings over ďAMAĒ, the original 1957 Nats decal, and a scan the PAA letters? The AMA was black as Iíve scanned it, the Nats was color as scanned, and I have nothing on the PAA. I never had an original set; I hand painted mine the night before processing. Help ĖHelp!!

A few summers ago, 50 actually, I built a Veco Commanche and a Peter Pan to fly in the America and Jet PAAload classes at the 1957 Nationals in Willow Grove, PA. The Peter Pan was designed by Dallas Sherman and published in the June 1956 Flying Models. I didnít do very well at the Nats, but I had one grand experience. Being at an event where all classes and everyone youíve ever seen and worshipped in the mags shared the same work hanger was awesome! I joined AMA as a junior and was and am very proud of my 2825 license number.

Anyhow, 50 years later, I am building another Commanche, original size, but his time with electric power and 3 channel micro RC. Iím also building another Peter Pan, but 1.5 original size, GWS fan with a Fiego brushless motor, and 4 channel micro RC, ailerons and rudder/elevator mixing on the vee tail. I need the above scans so I can recreate my wonderful summer projects from 50 years ago.
G WILLIE is offline Find More Posts by G WILLIE
Last edited by Angela H; Feb 10, 2007 at 04:27 PM. Reason: title change requested