View Single Post
Old Feb 04, 2007, 06:26 PM
Find More Posts by Butch777
Livermore, CA
Joined Sep 2004
8,583 Posts
I met the guys over in Dublin, yesterday morning for the maiden of the outrunner version, Wild-Cat Boomer. I had the travels and C/G set the same as the IPS version and that proved to be a interesting launch! I tossed it and applied the power, about 3/4 throttle and it took off like a mad dog! I finally got it trimed and it was a lot better.
The darn thing on 3 cells, will fly at 20% power! It will climb vertical at 60% power!
I hit full power stright up and it was a dot in a matter of a few seconds.
All in all, it flys just like the IPS version, just tons of vertical. I did notice it will torque roll a bit with the 8060 prop on it.

Design Change Notice: With the outrunner, on 3 cells, it torque rolls to the left a lot more than the IPS version.
I put the elevator servo on the left side, which makes the left side a bit heavier than the right. I mounted the rx and antenna on the right side to off-set this a bit.
But I think the elevator servo should be switched to the right side, especially on the more powerfull motors than the IPS.

On a 2 cell lipo, the outrunner version should still have more power than the IPS version and be almost the same weight. I'll test it soon.
Heres some pics:
Butch777 is offline Find More Posts by Butch777