Old Jan 04, 2007, 10:22 PM
Find More Posts by magic612
Bernoulli+Newton=Lift
Somewhere south of Chicago, IL
Joined Jan 2006
1,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by golem
More than for any other plane I've flown there I have people stop to watch it and actually asking me to fly it CLOSER to them! Later they approach and remark at how quiet,
Sweet...
Quote:
docile,
as intended!

Wait, no... don't say it - DON'T SAY IT!!!!
Quote:
and cute it is in the air.
D'oh!!! You said the plane is "cute".

Okay, you didn't actually say it - other people did. Ha! It's okay - it is a cute little bugger, I think.

Quote:
The only changes I've made since the first flights has been to add another strut between the fuse and upper wing. This served two purposes; One was too stop forward and aft movement of the upper wing which introduced twist in the lower, second was it helped eliminate entirely any additional span-wise flex.
I did use carbon fiber rod on the LE of both upper and lower wings on my Depron foam wings to counteract this, but a center strut would produce the same result, and probably be a tad lighter.

Thanks for the additional report, golem! I flew mine a couple weekends ago and did okay with it, but a wind gust picked up as I was landing and it, which flipped it over onto the asphalt and subsequently ripped off the upper wing and struts. Not a problem - a little epoxy and she'll be flight-worthy again in not time.

Glad you enjoy this plane - I'm truly humbled and excited you enjoy it as much as you do.
magic612 is offline Find More Posts by magic612