View Single Post
Old Dec 28, 2006, 11:02 PM
Find More Posts by willin
In my Blu heaven! near Lincoln NE
Joined Mar 2003
2,000 Posts
I am not deying the value of the Wild Wing ( when it is on sale) nor is bounce-ability!

My point is that you can buy this little rascal for a buck for goodness sake! and if you substitute bamboo skewers for $.02 each ( $2.00 per pack of 100) on the booms, maybe use a couple for wing stiffeners, Hmm that is only $1.04 so far. Meat tray foam or even foam plates for the appendages and boom tops, Those are free or nearly so.

Mind you that even though it would take quite as much punishment built with these inexpensive items you could still have a very nice looking plane, they would be super easy to repair.

Add to this ( here we go again with the addition!) the facct that you could build 20 ( O.K. 19...) of these airframes for the same price as one of the Wild Wings, I doubt seriously you could claim the durability to be 20 times better than this plane I am suggesting.

Actually it would be hard to make a really good comparison till you have one to compare!

What do you think? If kept light amd lightness is our friend regarding dura bility, I believe it will take bounces quite well.
Granted the EPP planes will take the really stupid hard licks with much more ease.

Thoughts ?

Robert
willin is offline Find More Posts by willin