Thread: Gallery Show us your plane!
View Single Post
Old Dec 27, 2006, 09:20 PM
Find More Posts by PeteSchug
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,141 Posts
I don't have any pictures of my Easy Star except for some closeups of the T&P, but my Tiger Moth has probably got a couple of years worth of flying on it, spent the night in trees, battered it's prop repeatedly into trees trying to land at difficult sites, been flown indoors and out, in calm and was crashed at our labor day picnic in the dying gasps of Ernesto.

This is my second tiger moth. My first was lost in high winds and my flying buddy gave me his. I had already flown it into all the aforementioned trees, then went and built my own, so this is, in a sense, also my first tiger moth, but I didn't own it then, it was just borrowed.

Very shortly after this video frame the plane landed in Lowell Lake in Vermont and the dinky little 50 mw tx kept transmitting even though it was probably underwater.

The best thing about this plane is that it can be flown anywhere, and it often is! It has never drawn adverse comments from anyone except one tennis player who was annoyed that his father in law was more interested in talking to me than watching his grand kids play tennis!

No head tracking, but I have been thinking about putting a pan servo in. I've also stuck the camera underneath on occasion.

Pete

Edit: I have to add that on both this and the previous pico tiger moth I beefed up the wings with 0.4 mm carbon fiber rods. I used three rods about eight inches long (all deliberately a little different in length) at the center sections at the leading and trailing edges of the bottom wing and the leading edge of the top wing. (a total of nine rods) I have an on-board video of the wings folding prior to doing that mod.
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug
Last edited by PeteSchug; Dec 28, 2006 at 01:17 PM.