Old Dec 11, 2006, 08:30 AM
Find More Posts by ModelTony
Irvine, Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by armengol
Hi guys,
New to this thread, looking for the 100th page!
Unfortunately I am here with sad news. After many weeks looking at the box past week I had the time to assemble my AM, everything went ok, I put an Axi 2820/10 on it, test some props and packs, and went for a 12'2x3'75 (fun fly .46 tyipical prop) with lipo 3s or 13x4 with A123 3s (a bit less voltage), all APCs.
Ok, maiden on saturday with strong winds, but everything went OK. A real nice plane, even in those uncomfortable conditions.
Sunday came with almost no wind and nice sun, so the AM go. Two more flights on it, everything really nice. How I liked.
Then came the third fly, and after some inverted barrel action, when cruising along to relax a bit... something went wrong: the fuse front end broke and the motor went away. Fortunately the pack showed on the front balancing it somewhat and the plane landed nicely, but still looking for my beloved 2820/10...
If you look at the broken front (pics enclosed) I see this is really TOO FRAGILE. Too small thickness of material here, this is elapor, not a solid thing. I will repair, but this plane need some tape or reinforcements here.... or had I a defective one and am alone on this? (my props are well balanced and everything sounded nice and right btw).
Regards
Josep
Such a catastrophic failure may well have been caused by the loss of a prop blade. The resulting out of balance forces would certainly be sufficient.

Tony
ModelTony is offline Find More Posts by ModelTony