Find More Posts by Rudderman98
AMA 670207
United States, WA, Sumner
Joined Oct 2000
2,800 Posts
Re: B-36 models

Quote:
Originally posted by byrocat
Yes, they do tend to be few and far between.

On of the best movies on the Aluminum Overcast is "Strategic Air Command" with Lt-Col James Stewart....

However, eBay's got a set of plans (18US and climbing...)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3100526207

Just watched "SAC" two nights ago and forgot to record it. Hmmm...might have to swing by Suncoast Pictures for a copy.

I have the plans. They are a design by John Considine. It is a BIG plane and the plans are worth the price. I think I paid about 45.00 for them if memory serves me correctly. Money well spent.

He has the build up article of the model in one of the Austrailian Model Airplane News mags which you can get a back issue of. Unfortunately all the pictures are in B&W. The plans are also available from Traplet Publications U.K. and John also told me that the nacelles, canopy, and other related vacu-formed pieces are available if you don't want to make your own from scratch though I've yet to get a response back from Traplet regarding these pieces.

BTW, John's plane is covered with brown paper and a mix of 50/50 water and white (Elmers) glue. It was painted using standard acrylic paints. He also mentioned that it flies very well sort of like a big trainer and now it needs a bit of touching up from all the flights for the brown paper is starting to look a bit ragged now.
Perry
Rudderman98 is offline Find More Posts by Rudderman98
Last edited by Rudderman98; Dec 16, 2002 at 07:18 PM.