Old Nov 18, 2006, 09:26 PM
Find More Posts by elfwreck
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Dec 2002
2,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigelus2k3
Help!
All my motors have 90 degree (cross) mounts. Of course, they can't fit the pre-defined nuts.
To me, it looks like I have to butcher the firewall, but maybe someone came up with a smart solution to this problem..
Thanks,
Serban
Hey now,
O.k., here the thing: swap the direction of the pilot shaft on your out runner.
This way it's coming out the rear, where the 90* xmount is, right?

Cool.

Now take the stock plywood motor mount from the kit, that three spoked thingie, and lay it down on some 1/8" plywood. Mark the three holes around the outside as well as the center hole.

Save the trisided piece and use a drill (1/8") to drill out the three outter holes and make a pilot hole in the center. Use a reamer or large drill bit to enlarge the center hole to 5/16".

Got that part?

Good.

Now lay you motors mount on this piece of plywood with the pilot shart squarely in the center hole. Mark the mounting holes on the plywood.

Remove the motor and drill out those holes (should be about 1/8"). Now mount your motor to this new plywood mount you made and bolt that, using the supplied bolts and shim sleaves to the firewall.

That's what I did and it works a treat. Quick, easy, accurate. What more could you ask?
RobII
elfwreck is offline Find More Posts by elfwreck