Old Oct 31, 2006, 03:31 PM
Find More Posts by viking60
High Altitude Flyer
Fairplay, South Park, CO
Joined Sep 2005
1,640 Posts
Power option and folding props

Friends,

Here's a couple of photos of the CD-ROM motor and Folding prop I'm presently planning to use. The motor is a GoBrushless GBv1.0 kit motor, wound with 21 wraps of 26 gauge wire; WYE termination will be used. I'll fly it on a 2S LiPoly.

The folding prop with the red spinner was bought from BPHobbies; it's set up with 8x6 blades. (The hitch in using this inexpensive folding prop set is that the motor shaft adaptors available are either 2.3mm or 3.2mm, while the shafts for GBv motors are 3.0mm.... I'll have a friend with a mini lathe drill out the collet to 3mm for me... I've butchered too many of them trying to do it without a lathe! The good news is the reasonable price- under $10.00

The Multiplex Easy Glider prop can optionally be modified, and blade lengths trimmed from the stock (9.5"x6.5"?) for use. (I did this for my Wild Wing.) (Sold for $8.50 to $10)

DYMOND Modelsports sells fancy aluminum spinners with 3mm collets for use with the Freudenthaller blades, too, so about any set of blades could be used on a kit brushless motor. (About $15.00 for the spinner set)

More Later....

VIKING
viking60 is offline Find More Posts by viking60