View Single Post
Old Dec 04, 2002, 11:38 AM
Find More Posts by mkirsch1
United States, NY, Spencerport
Joined Oct 2001
2,801 Posts
Ed, you could've done a lot better in handling the situation on your end. Your last letter read like a "temper tantrum" to me, and I'm sure the guys at Orbit probably thought the same way.

Think about how you would react if you were in their shoes and received that last letter you wrote. You're giving 150% just trying to keep up, and this guy is complaining that you're not servicing him fast enough and is threatening to badmouth you and your company on the Internet. How would you react? How far would you go before you told him to kiss off?

You'd be surprised at what little effect badmouthing a company on the Internet has. In my experience, only a small percent of the modeling community actively participates in forums like these. Of those, most probably aren't interested in the product/company you're badmouting, and a few will discount you as a blowhard because they've had great luck and great service from the product/company you're badmouting. I bet that you'd be lucky to sway the opinions of a handful of people... Just look at all the Hobbico and Great Planes bashing that goes on. They're still the biggest R/C supplier in the USA, and perhaps the world.

It's unfortunate, but you have to pander to them, not the other way around. You want the chargers fixed. They could care less, as it costs them a lot of money to fix or replace your defective chargers. You really aren't going to hurt their business appreciably by badmouthing them, and you're only hurting your cause by threateing them.
mkirsch1 is offline Find More Posts by mkirsch1