View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2006, 01:24 AM
Find More Posts by Major Justice
Kentucky
Joined Sep 2006
265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radralph
Top hole on elevon horn will shorten throws. The clevis on the control rod should screw in and out to lengthen/shorten the control rod ass'y and enable you to re-center the elevon. Does your radio have end point adjustments or dual rates? You could change the throws with those also.

I don't know about the C hatch covers. I would cut whatever foam I had to in order to fit it in and keep my CG correct. Hatch covers are cheap tho, maybe just try it out at your LHS or something. I put the ESC on the side and the RX flat on the bottom on my B.
Thanks for the advice. I was contemplating turning the RX on it's side, since all the wires & crystal are what is obstructing the top hatch. Turning the ESC is a much better idea, since it is smaller & has more secure connections of wires. I have 2 sets of elevons (one on the plane, one with just control horns) and one complete elevon assembly on the way (with hinges). I guess having a couple extra hatches wouldn't hurt .

It is a 4-Channel with dual rates. It utilizes 3, and has an inoperable spring loaded trainer switch on the left (no chord port). I have flown it on high rates without even realizing it until someone said something about how the throws looked fast, and I looked at the switch.

My other planes have the screw threads on the pushrod, but I was unaware that the Stryker had it until now.

You really helped, and I will be glad to return the favor anyway I can.

Thanks again
Major Justice is offline Find More Posts by Major Justice