View Single Post
Old Sep 03, 2006, 02:45 PM
Find More Posts by lowdive
anaheim, ca
Joined Apr 2005
2,542 Posts
i believe stryker b and c fuses are the same. stock, rtf stryker c has a different motor mount, though, that covers the whole aft section that we'd normally tape/glass. i'd like to get one of the new mounts for my mega motor but the stock one is holding up just fine. the front ring i cut and bent the two pieces in (keeps the motor from sliding forward) and the rear ring i heated to spread open a little. two screws are the only other things holding the motor in. not too much is needed unless you're hitting the ground hard every few flights.

as for whether the c is worth it or not, i think so. the radio is on 72MHz and the rest of the gear is also standard (non-PZ proprietary) so swapping out parts is easy and affordable. i'm not up on current prices, but i paid $82 for my mega, $50 for the esc, $25 each for two HS-81MG servos, $50 for the receiver (electron 6) and $150 for the radio (optic 6): total- $382. That doesn't count one battery pack and charger which is also included in the rtf version. so, not too bad of a deal.

i read elsewhere that the mega beats the stock c for speed, but there's always a few variables to consider (prop, battery, etc). either way, it's hard to go back to brushed power after flying brushless.
lowdive is offline Find More Posts by lowdive
Last edited by lowdive; Sep 03, 2006 at 02:51 PM.