View Single Post
Old Sep 02, 2006, 03:45 PM
Find More Posts by Alex B
MG ZS180 proud owner
Balaguer in Lérida - Spain
Joined Jul 2005
569 Posts
Thanks Peter for the info about Vampower batts...but I've been playing around with MotoCalc and I should use an 8S pack...but need to find the best option as I think to get some decent flight times I'll need 4P packs...I've got packs home but not too sure if they'll do the job...anyway would like the experts opinion on this as I might be pushing the motor to the limits ???

I'll wait for some input from Carlos and see if he will kindly help me on this one...no hurry on building or flying so I better make the right decision on power set up and then start building...

For instance I'm not too sure which prop I should be using for a model this size...and that's going to make me use this motor or purchase the bigger one...hopefully I'll be able to save some cash and spend it on batteries instead

Alex

PS: I'm not too sure if I'm brave or suicidal ...right now I'm finishing balancing and fitting a new TP 6S3P pack to the F4U Corsair for tomorrow...should get about 40 minutes or so flight times if throttle used properly
Alex B is offline Find More Posts by Alex B