Old Aug 30, 2006, 01:37 PM
Find More Posts by Buzz
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
14,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketcase
Thanks very much Keith, TEOR, Boomer and Doug.

The plane is a FVK Bandit mini hot liner, but I have it set up as more of a cool-liner, way underpowered by comparison to most Bandits. With the light weight (only 29 oz.)it is easy to launch and glides better (if slower) than the typical setup.

Doug, the retention pond used to be a lake, about 10 years ago they drained it and put in the peninsulas to make it a retention pond to settle out the stuff before it empties into the bay. There are a couple of places that are accessible right to the waters edge, but most of it is overgrown and pretty marshy. In the past four months there was a Tigermoth and Mini Ultra Stick that had to be retrieved out of the water, the second one needed a boat to get to it.

A pic of the camera stuck to the bottom of the wing with velcro. The string is the safety leash and goes to a wing bolt.

Wayne
Nice, Wayne!

I'm just about to send my 5 in 1 up for a try. I might use the Wingo because it is such a floater, but man....that prop is going to be loud. I can only dream of gaining altitude as fast as you did! I like it!
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz