View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2006, 09:46 PM
Find More Posts by scratchandbash
Suspended Account
Grove City PA basement/park
Joined Feb 2005
4,884 Posts
DC3 and other Enlarged Guillows

I did a build thread on mine a while back. It's here somewhere. I'll be following this one.

I cheated on mine and added span, to give it some kind of real wing area. The DC3's span is misleading, since it is so highly tapered. Many good flying scale models have larger chord at the tips. I should have done that, as my wing would have actually looked more scale that way, to balance out the added span.

I'll be following this one. I did a 125% enlarged Guillows Hellcat, and a 200% enlatged Guillows FW190.

Tom Hunt, I added washout to mine. Probably 3 to 4 deg, as I think you were stating about washout. I've heard many folks say only 2 deg, but the 3 to 4 has seemed to work well for me. Want to come here an test fly this plane for me. Its too pretty, I'm afraid to.
As for the airfoil, it looked fairly scale to me. Fairly thick airfoil. Wonder if it will work well, as I used it from the original plan formers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easterbunny
Jim,
Is it possible to mail the scan of the original guillows plans to me?
My mail adress is: straat1980@hotmail.com.
B.t.w. everyone with digital DC-3 plans is most welcome to mail me the plans .
Greetz Bas.
Well you could just ask for them, from the guy I gave my set of original plans to. As always, they didn't build it. Gave away many of my Guillows plans to folks here. I'd give you them if I still had them.

Bill
scratchandbash is offline Find More Posts by scratchandbash
Last edited by scratchandbash; Aug 23, 2006 at 04:26 PM.