Thread: Discussion Blu-109 - a FFF ME-109
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2006, 09:48 PM
Find More Posts by Salter
USA, SC, Irmo
Joined Dec 2000
272 Posts
Check out my baby. Well, my brother's anyway.

As usual I am dragged into building planes for my family or my friends or some guy off the street that happened to say he liked what I build. Anyway, this is my second WWII plane out of foam (First was full fuse. Prettier but oh so much more work.) and guys they really did hit the mark with the simple A/E/T shocky type planes. I took a little too long to build this and it still only took about 5-6 hours over two evenings. There are only two things I would do differently on this plane. I wouldn't give it to Pete by brother until I have had the chance to actually airbrush some kind of design or use magic markers. (Iron cross from an old Lite-Stick was lying around so we slapped it on.) The other thing is I would totally change the landing gear. Landing gear totally rocks and I think almost every plane should have it but I really underbuilt this one and it flexes too much even at an all up weight of 7.5 oz.

Also, you can enjoy seeing the crappy project I am working on in the background. Yep, I am putting in a stone fireplace. It is beautiful but I NEVER, want to do it again.

Thanks again for the plans Kdahlhaus.

Salter
Salter is offline Find More Posts by Salter